History

History

In March 1978, the John B Pub opened its doors for the first time. As a family run business, curious patrons started coming by to see what the “Neighbourhood Pub” concept was all about. Back in the days of “beer parlors” the idea of a neighbourhood pub with enhanced food offerings, cozy atmosphere, and unlimited beverage selections was a new concept, and one that stirred significant controversy at the time. In 1990, the John B moved directly across the street, conveniently located in the heart of central Coquitlam to its existing location at 1000 Austin Ave. The new larger location was built with provisions for a specialty liquor store and prize winning patio. A tremendous amount of change has occurred in the industry over the last 3 decades, the well-lit atmosphere and extremely friendly service has made the John B the choice for lunches, dinners and after work socializing the place to be!